While the evening rush is upon us here are a few gut predictions on the races we’ve been following.
- President Obama will be reelected.
- Congressman Steve Israel will now represent parts of Queens.
- Assemblywoman Grace Meng will become Congresswoman Grace Meng.
- Senator Joseph Addabbo will be reelected.
- Joseph Concannon has a chance to beat Senator Avella depending on the Romney turnout in northeast Queens.
- Republican Phil Gim would be a great addition to the Assembly if he can pull out the vote against Ron Kim, a Parkside lobbyist, and if he can beat the write-in campaign of Martha Flores Vasquez, which is not to be underestimated.
- J.D Kim has a chance if Chinese and Korean voters remember how bad they’ve been treated by Senator Stavisky. The theory being Kim will win on the protest vote combined with a solid pull operation.
- Jerry Iannece has the Independence line in the 25th AD against Nily Rozic. Iannece has a sizable group of voters not to be underestimated.
More to follow.